The mosaics by Marko Rupnik at the Sanctuary of Lourdes will be fully covered in the coming weeks and will remain hidden permanently after Pope Leo XIV’s visit, Bishop Jean-Marc Micas of Tarbes and Lourdes told French newspaper LaDepeche.fr on August 20. Only some of the mosaics, including those on the basilica’s doors, were covered in March 2025. The sanctuary had previously stopped illuminating Rupnik’s works during its nightly processions in 2024. Rupnik is a Slovenian priest and artist promoted by the Vatican for decades. He has been accused by around two dozen women of sexual, spiritual and psychological abuse. An ongoing canonical case concerning the allegations is being drawn out in the Vatican. Bishop Micas has previously said that the continued public display of Rupnik’s work at Lourdes can cause particular pain to victims of abuse who visit the sanctuary. #newsSevwzxkaei
Pope Leo XIV's visit to Lourdes: all of Marko Rupnik's controversial mosaics will be covered and "will remain so after his arrival," the bishop affirms
As Pentin wrote, Francis’s hostile occupation of the papacy was like torture for many serious Catholics. Unfortunately, this torture has continued with Leo XIV, even if the man in white looks somewhat more pious when operating the “waterboard.”
Amy-Jill Levine was elected the first Jewish president of the Catholic Biblical Association of America on July 20, 2026. In February 2020, Levine stated: “So I'm not a Christian, I'm not a Messianic Jew, I do not worship Jesus as Lord and Savior, and for me the New Testament is not sacred scripture.” Discussing the Gospels, she continued: “I will argue, that not all the comments the gospel writers attribute to Jesus were spoken by him. I think they added some things.” She added: “My bias or my agenda is in part to help Christians stop making Jewish practice and belief look bad in order to make Jesus look good.”
1. Jüdin Präsidentin der Catholic Biblical Association Amy-Jill Levine, 1. jüdische Präsidentin der Catholic Biblical Association (USA): "I'm not a Christian. I'm not a Messianic Jew. I do not worship Jesus as Lord and Savior and for me the New Testament is not a Sacred Sripture. I will argue, I hope convincingly or at least I'm convinced that not all the comments the gospel writers attribute to Jesus were spken by him. I think they added some things." „Ich bin keine Christin. Ich bin keine messianische Jüdin. Ich verehre Jesus nicht als Herrn und Erlöser und für mich ist das Neue Testament keine Heilige Schrift. Ich werde darlegen – hoffentlich überzeugend, oder zumindest bin ich selbst davon überzeugt –, dass nicht alle Äußerungen, die die Evangelisten Jesus zuschreiben, tatsächlich von ihm gesprochen wurden. Ich glaube, sie haben einiges hinzugefügt" Amy-Jill Levine wurde am 20. Juli 2026 zur 1. jüdische Präsidentin der Catholic Biblical Association der USA gewählt: National Catholic …مزید
Are they going to let a Catholic priest run a synagogue telling the Jews not to offend Christians? OF COURSE NOT! Only the modernists in our Church think it's a good idea to have a non-believer "teach" us.
Natalie Harp wouldn’t take no for an answer. It was October 2023, and Donald Trump was due at a New York City courthouse to fight his latest set of legal troubles. But as the motorcade idled outside his Trump Tower residence, staffers confronted a more immediate problem: There wasn’t room for Harp, the hyper-loyal aide whose devotion to Trump had quickly entrenched her within his orbit. A screaming match in the lobby ensued, with Harp insisting that Trump had personally asked her to attend the court appearance, two sources familiar with the matter told CNN. Denied a seat but determined not to be left behind, Harp jumped into an SUV trunk, according to the two sources and confirmed by a photo obtained by CNN. 0:00 Trump's relationship with aide Natalie Harp 3:55 Inside Natalie Harp's SUV trunk ride 6:58 Is it normal for a presidential aide to ride in a trunk? Panel discussion Watch 24/7 live news with CNN Headlines: https://bit.ly/4eIvlTr
Today, Leo XIV accepted the resignation of Bishop Karl-Heinz Wiesemann, 66, of Speyer, Germany, due to health reasons. He had led the Diocese of Speyer since March 2008. Bishop Wiesemann said that "the burden of the extensive responsibility has taken a serious physical and psychological toll on me." Depression and Health Bishop Wiesemann had previously suffered from depression. In 2021, he withdrew from his duties for about seven months for health reasons, including inpatient treatment. He later publicly identified the illness as depression. In May 2026, he spoke about his experience at the Katholikentag in Würzburg during an event on depression and mental health. He attributed his depression to prolonged pressures including the demands of episcopal office, financial and structural problems in the diocese and, above all, the Catholic Church's sexual abuse crisis. Pro-Homosexual Bishop Bishop Wiesemann was among the German bishops supporting changes in the Church's approach to homosexuality …مزید
Security camera footage from an office in China captures a startling malfunction involving a Unitree humanoid robot during what appears to be routine indoor testing or demonstration. The robot initially stands normally before suddenly erupting into violent, erratic arm movements, rapidly swinging its limbs and shifting into an aggressive looking stance that sends nearby employees rushing to intervene. Several staff members quickly surround the machine, attempting to restrain it as it continues flailing and resisting for several tense seconds. The dramatic scene, which many online compared to a science fiction movie, ends with workers successfully bringing the robot under control. Fortunately, no injuries have been reported. While the exact cause has not been publicly confirmed, incidents like this are commonly associated with software glitches, sensor failures, or control system errors during development. As humanoid robots continue expanding into workplaces, events like this highlight …مزید
At least 24 Christians were killed in an overnight attack on Bin Mper village in Plateau State, Nigeria, on August 18. The attackers reportedly entered the community around midnight and attacked people in their homes. Several others were injured and taken to hospital.
Mindestens 24 Tote bei neuem Angriff im christlich geprägten Plateau State. Die jüngste Gewalttat reiht sich in die anhaltenden terroristischen Angriffe ein. Seit Jahren erleben dort Christen Angriffe und die Zerstörung ihres Eigentums.
It's vitally important to understand that when the dogma was declared in 1950, Pope Pius XII didn't just "make it up" or depart from Sacred Tradition in any way. He instead officially ratified what the Church had believed for centuries. How do I know this? I use an old Missal from the 19th cent. for private devotion & spiritual reading AND the feast of the Assumption of the BVM is listed therein. So so-called 'hyper-papalists' who claim the Pope has absolute authority over the Faith are wrong, The Holy Father can only safe-guard & guarantee the Faith, NOT CHANGE IT!
Italian priest Lino Zatelli, 75, killed himself on August 12. He had been parish priest of San Carlo Borromeo in Trento for a quarter of a century. He was found dead inside the rectory of his parish after he didn’t show up to celebrate the Eucharist. Corriere del Trentino reported the death as a voluntary act. Two months earlier he had learned that he would have to leave San Carlo in November for another pastoral assignment. Zatelli publicly said he had not asked to leave. Sad detail: During his Easter homily, Don Zatelli preached about Judas's suicide. He discussed Judas as someone overwhelmed by despair who could no longer see beyond the obstacle before him, but emphasized Christ's forgiveness and imagined Jesus ultimately embracing Judas in heaven. Eucharists Beyond Rubrics A 2019 interview called him the “eternal bad boy of the Trentino Church.” A November 2020 profile describes Zatelli as working in a kind of laboratory parish. His Eucharists went beyond formulas and interpreted …مزید
We are obliged to pray for all of the lost, but the point is clear - current theological aberrations are poisoning the Faith and the Faithful. We are being led by those who "are like whitewashed sepulchers, which outwardly appear brilliant to men, yet truly, inside, they are filled with the bones of the dead and with all filth." Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.
Bishop José Antonio Satué - the Vatican-appointed pontifical delegate governing the conservative Institute of the Incarnate Word (IVE) - has appointed a new general council for the community, reports the Substack.com-Account The Pillar. Furthermore, Bishop Satué introduced a new website of the institute. Founded in Argentina in 1984, the IVE operates internationally. The institute had lost close to 40% of its members since its foundation. The New General Council Bishop Satué of Málaga, Spain, appointed five members to the council in a decree dated July 25. He communicated it to the IVE members on August 18. The Vatican’s Dicastery for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life approved the appointments. The new council includes: - Fr. Ervens Mengelle, IVE, as vicar general; - Br. Giampiero Pettenon, SDB, as treasurer general; - Fr. Diógenes Urquiza, IVE, with responsibility for contemplative monasteries; - Fr. Giampiero Gambaro, OFM Cap., with responsibilities as …مزید
If the US is "good" why has the price of diesel gone up so much in the last six months. As far as making biodiesel, a typical pickup has a 25 gallon tank, how much running around are you going to have to do to get that much used cooking oil or wood alcohol? And then do that every week or so to fill your tank?
“What eroded the moral authority of the Church was the warm romance and embrace of secular power,” Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, 73, of Sokoto, Nigeria, told CatholicWorldReport.com on August 10: “The Church embraced the world and became like the world it was supposed to change.” The bishop added that Africa has “no immunity from this virus”: “The only immunity is to learn from the history of others.” Later in the interview, Bishop Kukah recalled the death of an 18-year-old seminarian who was kidnapped along with three companions. After negotiations and the payment of a ransom, the other three were freed, while he was murdered: “As God would have it, the kidnappers were caught one year later, and they confessed that they killed him because, despite their guns and knowing they were Muslims, he insisted that they must repent of their crimes and return to God!” The prelate has since named the Bishop’s House after the seminarian, while a shrine in his honor stands at the seminary in Kaduna. …مزید
David M. Morens — who worked under Anthony Fauci from 2006 to 2022 — admitted he hid government communications to skirt public records laws and thwart inquiries into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic.
German-born Abbot Maximilian Heim, 65 will step down as head of Heiligenkreuz Abbey on September 14, ending more than 15 years at the helm of the monastery. Founded in 1133 southwest of Vienna, Austria, it is one of Europe’s best-known Cistercian monasteries. The monastery still uses Latin and the Gregorian chant for its liturgies. It is strictly Novus Ordo with only few monks preferring the Roman rite. They had a difficult life under Abbot Heim. Abbot Heim said the time had come to place the responsibility “in younger hands,” pointing to the heart problems he suffered last year. Heim intends to return to pastoral ministry and theological work. His resignation comes roughly a year before the scheduled end of his second term. The monks are expected to elect new leadership in September. In consultation with the Vatican, however, the community will initially elect an administrator for a three-year term rather than an abbot for the customary longer mandate. The resignation comes only months …مزید
15,000 Catholics Honor 100 Years of the Cristero Martyrs | “God Does Not Die” | SG News A powerful witness of faith and courage unfolded in Zacatecas, Mexico, as an estimated 15,000 Catholics gathered at the Holy Places of Chalchihuites on August 15 to mark the 100th anniversary of the martyrdom of Sts. Luis Bátis Sáinz, Manuel Morales, Salvador Lara Puente, and David Roldán Lara. Archbishop Joseph Spiteri, Apostolic Nuncio to Mexico, presided over the concluding Mass of the centenary jubilee year, honoring four men who gave their lives during the persecution of Catholics in the Cristero period. Executed on August 15, 1926, their witness continues to inspire generations. Among their final words was the unforgettable declaration: “God does not die.” Canonized by St. John Paul II in 2000, these martyrs remain powerful examples of courage, forgiveness, religious freedom, and fidelity to Christ. Stay Updated with @SGNEWS-SG – Faith, Society & Global Christian Perspective
15.000 Katholiken ehren 100 Jahre Cristero-Märtyrer | „Gott stirbt nicht“ | SG News In Zacatecas, Mexiko, entfaltete sich am 15. August ein eindrucksvolles Zeugnis des Glaubens und des Mutes, als sich schätzungsweise 15.000 Katholiken an den heiligen Stätten von Chalchihuites versammelten, um des 100. Jahrestages des Martyriums der Heiligen Luis Bátis Sáinz, Manuel Morales, Salvador Lara Puente und David Roldán Lara zu gedenken. Erzbischof Joseph Spiteri, Apostolischer Nuntius in Mexiko, zelebrierte die abschließende Messe des Jubiläumsjahres zu Ehren der vier Männer, die während der Verfolgung der Katholiken in der Cristero-Zeit ihr Leben ließen. Ihre Hinrichtung am 15. August 1926 inspiriert bis heute Generationen. Zu ihren letzten Worten gehörte die unvergessliche Aussage: „Gott stirbt nicht.“ Diese Märtyrer, die im Jahr 2000 von Papst Johannes Paul II. heiliggesprochen wurden, sind bis heute ein starkes Vorbild an Mut, Vergebung, Religionsfreiheit und Treue zu Christus. …مزید
The boy who remembered being someone else... from 50 years ago Ryan Hammond, an American boy, began recounting memories of a life that—according to him—was not his own: that of Marty Martin, a Broadway dancer who had passed away five decades earlier and about whom the boy had never heard or seen anything. What was extraordinary was not just the story, but the details: names, dates, places, and specific episodes from Marty’s life that Ryan recounted with a level of precision impossible to explain for a child his age. The case came to the attention of psychiatrist Jim Tucker, renowned for his research on past-life memories at the University of Virginia. After verifying every piece of data, he confirmed that the information matched—even down to the exact years Marty lived, a detail that led researchers to discover an error on his death certificate. Coincidence, cryptomnesia, or something science cannot yet explain?
El caso de Ryan Hammond: memorias de una vida anterior bajo estudio científico Ryan Hammond, un niño estadounidense, relató desde temprana edad recuerdos detallados de lo que describió como una vida anterior: la de Marty Martin, un bailarín de Broadway fallecido hace 50 años. El caso fue investigado por Jim Tucker, psiquiatra de la Universidad de Virginia especializado en el estudio de memorias atribuidas a vidas pasadas en niños. Según su investigación, varios de los datos aportados por Ryan —nombres, lugares y circunstancias vinculadas a Marty Martin— pudieron ser verificados. Uno de los elementos más llamativos del caso fue la precisión de Ryan respecto a los años de vida de Marty Martin, lo que condujo a los investigadores a identificar una inconsistencia en su certificado de defunción oficial. El caso se suma a un conjunto de investigaciones documentadas por Tucker y su equipo sobre memorias infantiles de este tipo, un campo que continúa siendo objeto de debate dentro de la …مزید